Lawn Sprinkler System Design & Installation
Nature’s Helper is proud to provide expert sprinkler installations for Omaha and the surrounding region. We have extensive experience designing irrigation systems that keep your lawn green and healthy while reducing water waste.
Working with carefully chosen, sophisticated products — such as the Rain Bird family of irrigation systems — we create customized systems that are tailored to both your budget and the needs of your home. At the design stage, we will present you with several options and help you make an informed decision. When it comes to the installation, we’ll take steps to make the process as fast and easy as possible, while ensuring you receive the necessary training to operate and maintain your system in the future.
We’ll also be there to provide sprinkler service and repair well after the initial installation is complete. Through ongoing maintenance, we will help your system stay running its best, season after season.
Residential Lawn Sprinkler Installation Process
Nature’s Helper gives you options!
Are you looking for all the bells and whistles or just a good basic system? Either way, you’ll get the same great service and design.
- Step 1: When you contact us, we’ll schedule an appointment with one of our project managers to meet with you and find out what exactly you are looking for. He will draw up a design and show you several different options available.
- Step 2: Once you decide to have a sprinkler installed, we’ll mail paperwork that explains the process.
- Step 3: We arrange to have our preferred plumber contact you to have the backflow installed several days in advance of when your sprinkler system will be installed.
- Step 4: We install your new sprinkler system. Most sprinkler projects can be completed in one day. We do request that the homeowner is available for approximately an hour sometime during the day so that we can install the controller inside.
- Step 5: After your sprinkler is installed, the project manager will meet with you again to ensure the system is working properly and to answer any questions you might have. We want to make sure that you understand how to run the controller and are comfortable with your new sprinklers.
- Step 6: Once you join the Nature’s Helper family, you will receive reminder postcards when it’s time to start-up and winterize your sprinklers each year.
Dedicated service technicians are available to quickly resolve any problems that arise after the installation. We know your time is valuable! So we try to work around your schedule whenever possible.
Irrigation System Installation FAQ
How long should a new sprinkler system last?
This is a crucial question to ask before buying a new sprinkler system and arranging a sprinkler system installation in Omaha. Different systems have varying life cycles, with some expected to last for 10 years and other quality products lasting twenty years or longer. Some parts of a system, such as pipes and heads, can last longer than the system as a whole. The underground pipes of a quality system, for example, can last up to 40 years.
The life cycle of a product will depend on the quality of materials, how it was installed and the manufacturer. Your sprinkler system technician can help you understand how long you can expect the product to function well.
How do you know if it’s time to upgrade a sprinkler system or if you just need a repair?
It’s normal to need repairs on your lawn sprinkler system once in a while. There are some signs you have more than just an occasional repair job on your hands:
- Broken nozzles: Nozzles are easy to replace, but if you need to make replacements often after irrigation installation, it can indicate water pressure is an issue. You need to review controller settings, pressure readings and more. In some cases, you may need a new system.
- Burst pipes: Bursts in many locations, or frequent burst pipes, can mean your system is showing its age, or there’s something wrong at the water source. Frequent burst pipes or multiple bursts mean expensive repairs or a need for replacement.
- Big changes to the property: Serious landscaping changes can mean your irrigation system no longer matches your needs. You may need to replace or expand the system.
- Leaks on the mainline or post-valves: Frequent leaks of this type can mean there’s a problem with the structural integrity of your pipes, which may indicate you need a new system.
- Non-waterproofed wire connections: Older systems do not have waterproof wiring, which means the whole system is vulnerable and may require more repairs. If you have this type of older system, you may want to replace it before it becomes very expensive to fix.
How often should a new sprinkler system be maintained?
Ideally, new sprinkler systems will need a spring start-up to get it ready for the busy work of the growing season. Around June or July, you will want to conduct a mid-season maintenance check to ensure the system is functioning well. In the fall, it’s important to winterize the system so the components can stay safe until the next spring.
Will a new sprinkler system help you reduce your water bill?
In some cases, a new sprinkler system can help you reduce your water use and bill. But this depends on a few factors, including the age of your current system and its present condition. If your sprinkler is near the end of its lifecycle, it may not work as efficiently. Older systems may not have water-saving features such as special heads and nozzles.
Before you spend the money to upgrade a sprinkler system that may still have a few years in it, consider speaking with Nature’s Helper. Our technicians can help you evaluate whether a leak, maintenance or repair issue can help you reduce your water usage. The team can also help you evaluate which new system is best for your needs.
What types of sprinkler systems do you install?
Nature’s Helper designs and installs both conventional and drip irrigation sprinkler systems. When it comes to the health of your lawn, we don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions — our work is customized to your needs and can include a range of technologies and products as necessary. We are proud to offer water-efficient solutions to help our customers save water and money.
Additionally, we also offer two-wire systems for our Commercial projects.
As a Rain Bird Select Contractor for the Omaha region, we offer the company’s full lineup of irrigation products as well as innovative sprinkler systems from other leading manufacturers.
What is a drip irrigation system, and how does it work?
Drip irrigation is one of the most efficient ways to water your landscaped areas. Unlike conventional sprinklers, drip irrigation systems slowly release water on top of the soil according to a preset schedule. Drip irrigation is one of the best choices for the environment. Compared to other sprinklers, drip irrigation systems can reduce water usage by as much as 65%. Drip irrigation delivers water at the base of the plant, so you don’t have to worry about the size of plants as they grow.
How much does a sprinkler installation cost?
Every home is different, and each of our systems is customized based on a number of factors. For these reasons, it’s impossible to give an accurate sprinkler system installation estimate without first visiting your home. The good news is that your initial quote is always free for any residential installation project. Contact our office directly to arrange a consultation at your convenience. After we have assessed your specific needs, we can provide you with a reliable sprinkler installation estimate.
What is the best time of year to have a new sprinkler system installed?
Ideally, you want to install your sprinkler system at the beginning of spring. In the winter, the ground is unforgiving, and installation can be more time-consuming. In addition, you’ll have to winterize right away. If you wait until summer, you’ll have already given up many of the benefits of a sprinkler system at a time when your lawn most needs them.
Some people may be concerned that it will take them too long to get an appointment in spring because of the high demand. They worry that as a result, their lawn will suffer. At Nature’s Helper, we do our best to get to every installation request as quickly as possible. If this issue is a concern for you, however, you can always schedule your installation for the fall to be safe.
How long does a residential sprinkler installation take?
In most cases, we can perform a complete sprinkler system installation for you the same day, although we will have to have a plumber come a few days earlier to prepare the backflow. Be sure to schedule the sprinkler installation on a day that you can be home for part of the process.
Why do I need to be home during the installation?
We ask that you be present for at least part of the sprinkler system installation. This is because we will need access inside your home to install the system controller. Once the job is done, we will demonstrate the proper operation of your system and answer any questions you have about ongoing maintenance and service.
What are the benefits of installing a sprinkler system?
Installing a sprinkler system is almost certainly the best thing you can do for your lawn. For one, you won’t have to put effort into watering your entire lawn every day, which means you can avoid a process that can get tiresome. Make one investment in a sprinkler system, and spend your valuable time on other things the rest of the season.
In addition, we can calibrate your sprinkler system to give you just the right amount of watering and coverage. You’ll never have to worry about overwatering, underwatering or uneven watering. No matter how diligent you are, it won’t change that it’s difficult for a human being to be as precise about how much water they deliver to each section of lawn as an automated sprinkler system can be.
What are the benefits of upgrading your sprinkler system?
Our sprinkler systems are state of the art and designed to not only give you great coverage but also minimize water waste. Older systems may have been designed with less concern about wasting excess water. Upgrading your system can not only save you money but also help protect the environment.
How often should you invest in a new sprinkler system?
You should invest in a new sprinkler system whenever you feel your current system is inefficient and wasting water. Another telltale sign is if it’s an old system and experiencing multiple sprinkler head or other system failures fairly often. If you’re not sure whether your current sprinkler system is optimal for your lawn, one of our Nature’s Helper experts will be happy to come down and give you a free consultation, covering whether your current system should be repaired, upgraded or replaced.
Are your sprinkler installations guaranteed?
All new Rain Bird sprinkler components are backed by a manufacturer’s warranty. In addition, Nature’s Helper provides a labor warranty that matches the parts warranty, as long as the sprinkler is winterized by Nature’s Helper each fall. Beyond that, for a fee, we provide on-site repairs and service as necessary, as well as comprehensive preventative maintenance plans that ensure your system is working its best at all times.