Count on Nature’s Helper for all your sprinkler service and maintenance needs. We offer a range of sprinkler services for a variety of homes and businesses in the Omaha metro area. Our team of experts is available to provide on-site seasonal maintenance as well as new system installations and consulting around planning and design issues.
When the weather starts to get warmer, contact Nature’s Helper to arrange your spring sprinkler start-up. Spring start-ups are customized to the specific requirements of your system, though typically the process will involve:
- Checking the system controller. This is also a good time to review the system settings and make adjustments as necessary.
- Checking the sprinkler heads, nozzles, and other system components to remove dirt, debris and other obstructions and replace worn-out items as necessary.
- Checking the valves for leaks and other issues.
- Slowly turning on the sprinkler water supply and backflow valves to prevent pressure surges.
- Checking the rain sensor (if applicable) and replace battery if needed.
- Once the system is up and running, we will check the water pressure to confirm it is within the correct range. Some homes in the Omaha area have extremely high water pressure. If this is the case, we recommend a pressure regulator be installed so the system does not exceed 80 PSI.
We recommend at least one mid-season checkup for all sprinkler systems. During the hottest months of the year, it’s important to ensure your sprinkler is working its best and providing adequate coverage. Most of our customers will schedule a mid-season checkup between June and August. The checkup involves making adjustments to your watering schedule, and performing a series of inspections and tests to confirm that your sprinkler heads are in good working order. Though less extensive than a spring start-up, a mid-season checkup gives us a clear picture of the overall health and operation of your sprinkler system and helps us configure your system to minimize water waste.
Winterizing your sprinkler system helps prevent damage when freezing temperatures roll in. If not properly winterized, underground pipes are at risk of expanding and cracking in the cold. This leads to damage that can be expensive to repair, as well as water waste and decreased overall system efficiency. Winterizing a sprinkler system involves: closing the sprinkler water supply, opening the drain, turning the controller off, and ensuring all valves on the backflow are turned to a 45 degree angle to release vacuum pressure in the pipe. Then, our team will use an air compressor to flush out any water that remains. The process is relatively quick and, when performed by an experienced sprinkler system contractor such as Nature’s Helper, gives you peace-of-mind from knowing there will be no unpleasant surprises waiting for you in the spring.
Sprinkler System Planning & Design
In addition to seasonal sprinkler maintenance, Nature’s Helper custom designs the planning and installation of a new system. Proper underground sprinkler system planning and design are important to increasing the water efficiency of your system while ensuring complete lawn coverage. Nature’s Helper takes the time to design your irrigation system to ensure “head-to-head” coverage and to match precipitation rates of each sprinkler head. This allows the water to spread evenly throughout your entire lawn, preventing brown spots and over-watered areas. Our professional irrigation design experts review your lawn’s elevation and landscape architecture before making recommendations on your sprinkler system hardware, saving you money on your water bill AND protecting your lawn and landscaping investment.
No-Hassle Sprinkler System Installation
In order to guarantee your irrigation system operates as designed, it is important to have your system professionally installed. Nature’s Helper has more than 20 years of experience installing the industry’s most trusted irrigation systems as a Rain Bird Select Contractor. We make your installation as effortless as possible, but we give you the opportunity to talk with our project managers before the project starts. Here’s what to expect throughout the installation process:
- Initial Consultation: When you contact us, one of our project managers will schedule an appointment to meet with you to determine your project needs. They will create a sprinkler system design and share with you the options that are available.
- Backflow Installation: Once you’ve decided to have a sprinkler system installed, we will arrange to have our preferred plumber contact you to have the backflow installed several days in advance of when your sprinkler system will be installed.
- Sprinkler System Installation: Most installations are completed within one day, and we will take care of it all. And we will install your system with little impact on your lawn or landscaping. We do ask that the homeower is available for approximately one hour during the installation so we can install the controller inside.
- Post-Installation Consulation: Once your sprinkler system has been installed, the project manager will schedule a return visit to ensure the system is working properly and answer any question you may have about your system.